A Year of Growth
The U.S. engineering and construction industry is poised for continued growth, according to Deloitte’s 2023 Engineering and Construction Outlook.
By Rachel E. Pelovitz
January 31, 2023
The U.S. engineering and construction industry is poised for continued growth, according to Deloitte’s 2023 Engineering and Construction Outlook. Key takeaways include:
- Industry segments will navigate market dynamics differently.
- Supply-chain constraints pressure margins, with four in five survey respondents citing supply-chain disruptions as one of their company’s top three challenges in the next year.
- Companies feel the pressure of a shifting workforce, with more than 82% of respondents identifying a tight labor market and an exiting workforce as top challenges.
- Emerging technologies build efficiencies, with 46% of respondents likely to invest in prefabrication and modular construction capabilities.
- There is an added focus on ESG (environmental, social and governance) and sustainability.
by Rachel E. Pelovitz
Strategic Interior Design Encourages Mental and Physical Wellbeing While Waiting at Urgent Care
By The Designers Group
Once the exterior of a building is constructed, that doesn't mean a project is over. Strategic interior design plays an important role in completing a project—especially in stressful environments like health-care facilities.
By Christie Chapman
Brinkmann Constructors’ $40-million warehouse project in a new Denver-area logistics hub opens for business amid the pandemic-sparked ecommerce boom.
Top 13 Trends for Construction Marketing in 2024
By Brian Gallagher
From SEO and AI to VR and ESG, be aware of the marketing trends that you can leverage to grow your construction business in 2024.